Partitura Mouvement, initiated by Maria João Pires
The Partitura Project is a movement founded by a collective of artists, questioning their role and responsibility – be it æsthetic, ethical, social, pedagogical or spiritual – in a society where some of the most fundamental human values seem in crisis. It is the group’s aim to enable an open dialogue between different genres of art and science, and to contribute to a more comprehensive understanding of humans in their environment.
Partitura’s activities may take various forms, including :
• Presenting concerts in new and unusual ways by uniting musicians of all generations on both traditional and alternative performance spaces, sometimes in association with other art forms (such as dance, theatre, circus etc), in order to appeal to new audiences.
• The creation of music workshops in hospitals, psychiatric centres and prisons.
• The evaluation of different projects and applied methods by a group of neuro-scientists and psychologists.
• Arranging conferences/encounters with scientists, philosophers and psychologists, with the purpose of nurturing relationships between science, music and other art forms.
• The creation of choirs for disadvantaged children.
The Founding Members of Partitura Association:
more info: www.askonasholt.co.uk